Re: [LAU] Building aubio [was: Ardour 2.5 released]

From: <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2008 - 04:03:03 EEST

Quoting Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>:

> Where *should* Python.h come from? Maybe my installation is broken.
> At least it seems incomplete somehow.

I saw you found Python.h.
A great thing about Mandriva (compared to openSUSE at least) is the
urpmf command. 'urpmf Python.h' whould have shown you all packages
(installed or not) that contained a file with that name (if you have
the repository that has that file in your config
[/etc/urpmi/urpmi.conf], that is).

To avoid seeing all potential Python.host or Python.help-files you
could also have made an educated guess and typed 'urpmf
python2.4/Python.h' to only see Python.h files in the python2.4
directory.
I always use that when I'm missing a program; 'urpm bin/rezound' shows
which package the resound binary is in (and obviously that also
catches it if it's in the sbin directory).