Re: [LAU] debian realtime kernel config 2.6.25.8.rt7

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 23:30:54 EEST

2008/7/13 David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>:
> 1. realtime apparently cannot be set to be modularized as in previous
> versions. WIll NOT accept:
> CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=m
> CONFIG_REALTIME_CAPABILITIES=m

did you use the the config that I uploaded ?
I'm asking, because it has:
   CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y
and doesn't even contain the option:
  CONFIG_REALTIME_CAPABILITIES

nvidia driver
> 2. My old nvidia driver will not compile. I can check back on their site for
> an upgrade but this is for an older mx400 card!

Maybe comiling and installing the kernel headers does help:
  make-kpkg kernel_headers
and then install with dpkg -i ....

for current drivers check: http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

I have nvidia too.
But haven't tried to compile it for the current kernel yet.

I've recently had more and more problems
with the binary driver (X suddenly quitting)
and thus don't use it at the moment.

I'm currently using nvidia framebuffer driver instead (it's open
source, afaict):
modprobe nvidiafb
and for using it in X, in /etc/X11/xorg.conf set Option Driver to "fbdev"