Re: [LAU] monitor shot, need advice for a new one

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 02:34:30 EEST

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Hey Mark,
>>
>> I forgot to mention that I'm running it with the VGA connection. Should
>> I line myself up against the wall now ? ;)
>>
>> Actually, thanks to Loki's remarks I'm kind of interested in the DVI
>> now. My video card has the output, but I need a cable. Is there any
>> other special consideration to make when going DVI ?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp

> Well, it automagically does everything for you with size, location etc
> then which is nice, and it is clearer. Also a dvi cable costs $5 so
> it's not a big issue. It is nicer. No setup is required as it's the
> standard way to do it now days. Remember that HDMI and DVI have
> nothing in common. Lots of people keep mentioning HDMI which is the
> weird arse encrypyed dodgy one. :) Try both and tell me if you can
> see the difference. With cards/screens i've tried it's a pretty huge
> difference but i'm not sure if some of the guys using VGA connectors
> have A/Bed. Audio guys should know that extra ad/da for no reason is a
> bad thing.
>
> Loki

I agree completely with everything Loki says. It's all perfectly
correct. Whether your eyes see the difference is based on the quality
of your eyes. Ears are FAR more sensitive. My eyes are very old and
quite blurry looking even at real life. It hardly matters to me what
the quality of my screen is after the second beer. ;-)

Cherrio,
Mark