Re: [LAU] Looking for a mixer, 16+ channels

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 17:58:25 EEST

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:33:59 +0700
Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Midas is a great brand and at the high end of mixing consoles. They
> also run their latest products on a Linux system.
>
> Mackie is good for the price.
>
> Behringher is cheap but they have a lot of quirks and the sound
> quality is not very nice.
>
> If you've got cash to spend and audio quality is your desire then you
> can't go wrong with a Midas.

Thanks,

Midas looks a bit too expensive to me, especially since he'd need an
interface as well.

He told me that Behringer is out of question, exception may be a case
where a behringer product actually is good, which is said to be the
case for a few.

So, somewhere in between would be nice ;)

Best Regards,
        Philipp