Re: [LAU] monitor shot, cables

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 19:48:39 EEST

Yes and no. DVI-I connectors actually carry BOTH the Digital and Analog VGA
signal. That dongle removes the VGA signal from the cable and changes the
connector to match a VGA port. It does not convert betweent he two. The
main thing to look for to see if you can do this is the 4 pins around the
flat bar'ish looking thing. A straight DVI connector with only a digital
signal will not have these, while a DVI-I connection will and will carry the
analog signal on those 4 pins.

However if all you have is a digital signal, you will have to convert, which
as already pointed out is a bit on the expensive side.

       Seablade