Re: [LAU] [ARDOUR] Way of sorting tracks in Mixer and Tracks Views

From: Aurelien <orl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 09:18:14 EEST

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 08:25:04AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote :

> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 09:08 +0200, Aurelien wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm currently working on a huge project[1] with about 150 tracks at the end
> > (recorded by bunches of 24).
> > [1] for me, at least!
> >
> > I've created a model with those 150 tracks, but the fact is that some
> > instruments (10-15 max) don't play on some tunes, and I prefer to delete
> > the related tracks so that it is more readable.
> > Please note that there are 24 Tracks "active" and a bit more "viewable",
> > and the same 24 tracks are viewable in Mixer View, on which there also
> > is busses (6).
> >
> > As I delete a track (in the Tracks View), the sorting of the tracks
> > totally change in both of the view, and I can't figure out how it
> > changes. I didin't find any logics behind this, even if I suppose it is
> > the case.
> > Worse: when I sort the tracks manually in order in the tracks view, it
> > doesn't put them in the same order on the mixer, as the busses are
> > viewable from the mixer but not from the Track View. And I finally
> > cannot get an ordered sort in one and the other.
> >
> > Could someone give me a trick about it?
>
> its a bug. there's no good way around it, i am afraid. even in 2.5.
>
> :(

OK. Thanks for the answer. It's sad, as this way of moving tracks is, in
my opinion, very efficient and I was very happy to discover it.

PS : If you're woken up right now, it would be very cool if you could
take a look to my other mail that I wanted to send yesterday night (in
France time) but I mistype the email address! It's all about rme drivers
and use, and as you've been developping the drivers for this card and
Ardour, I think you may have some tricks to give to me.

Thanks.