Re: [LAU] headphones

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 18:54:05 EEST

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:52 AM, schoappied <schoappied@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are good headphones? What are good ones to search for on the second
> hand market? For about 50 euro's can you get a good one?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dirk

You'll have to verify the 50 euros part but assuming 2:1 then the
typical first answer for pop/rock type recording/listening is often
the Sony MDR-7506. Very popular. Most pop music sounds pretty goo don
them. They wear well. Easy on your head and ears. Nice padding.
Sturdy. Sealed so little outside noise. Good for singers with good
isolation. A bit bassy. (Understatement) A very good choice. I've
owned a couple of pairs for 6-7 years. Both still work well and are
quite worn out at this point.

If you're more of a jazz/classical listener then I much prefer my AKG
K240's but they're typically a bit more expensive. The model I have
(DF's) is no longer generally available but there are newer ones that
sound very good to me. More like 75-100 euros, again assuming 2:1.

Hope this helps,
Mark