Re: [LAU] best hardware for pro audio recording?

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 25 2008 - 23:49:23 EEST

On 25 July 2008 at 15:51, Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:27:35 -0700
> "b m" <otherbobby@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > Nothing mobile is needed. Just a home DAW, so PCI is fine, and probably
> > optimal for latency right?
>
> I really like the M-Audio Delta series. The cards are PCI based and
> work extremely well out of the box. The A/D converters are very quiet
> and go up to 24 bit/96kHz.
>
> There's a few levels:
> Delta 44 - 4 analog I/O channels
> Delta 66 - 4 analog I/O channels, S/PDIF I/O
> Delta 1010 - 8 analog I/O channels, S/PDIF I/O, MIDI

I'll second that. I like my 1010s.

I've been thinking of getting an M-Audio Fast Track Pro for a
different situation, and maybe it'll work in your case?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Fast-Track-Pro-Mobile-USB-Audio-MIDI-Interface?sku=241710

I'm a bit worried about being all PCI at this point. Down
the road I can see a time when one might not be able to buy a
motherboard supporting the Delta 1010's PCI interface.

--
Kevin