Re: [LAU] best hardware for pro audio recording?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 26 2008 - 00:50:11 EEST

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 01:30:00AM +0200, Esben Stien wrote:

> "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > D/A converters from RME since they'll function perfectly with an
> > HDSP.
>
> The best AD/DA converters on the market are from Analog Devices and
> used in Apogee hardware, btw, last I checked.

Since we're now in the pricey range:

I've been using two of these recently, and they are
absolutely great:

<http://www.aphex.com/1788A.htm>

A bit less expensive and perfect for studio use

<http://www.aphex.com/141.htm>
<http://www.aphex.com/142.htm>

These two are for permanent installations, e.g. wired
to a patchbay or analog mixer, monitoring, etc.

BTW, I'm looking for a cardbus <-> ADAT interface for my
IBM R51. Any offers ?

--
FA
Parma, Italia