Re: [LAU] Weird recording behaviour with ardour2

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 27 2008 - 00:32:58 EEST

On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 22:45 +0200, Sebastian Porstendorfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an annoying problem.
>
> Anytime I record on a track in ardour2, I can only do that once -
> next time I try, it acts like it records, but nothing is actually recorded.

whenever you (or any other user) mentions a problem with ardour, you
MUST state the version you are using. take a look at the release notes
for 2.4 or 2.5 (or even 2.3) ... this program changes dramatically from
version to version and without as version number, we can't tell if you
are encountering a problem that is already fixed.

if distributions would get their acts together, our first piece of
advice would always be "upgrade to the most recent release", but i
understand that this is not always possible.

--p