Re: [LAU] Minimalistic S/PDIF i/o device?

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 14:46:21 EEST

Not optimal as per your ideals but I use one of these between a Gentoo
desktop and our home theater receiver. (USB to TOS Link)

http://www.adstech.com/products/RDX-150/specifications/RDX-150_spec1.asp?pid=RDX-150

I've never tried the spdif in.

The unit has A/D's and D/A's in it but I've never used them. Cost my
about $30 a couple of years ago. Works great except ALSA doesn't
control the lights on it correctly and they blink on and off at weird
times.

Cheers,
Mark