Re: [LAU] Trying to get rid of xruns

From: garryo <garry.ogle@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 00:57:28 EEST

Oh, nearly forgot!

if you try the stuff in my previous post and you succeed in getting your
soundcard set up with an interrupt of its own, then you can assign a
realtime priority to that interrupt:

        chrt -f -p 97 `pidof IRQ-4`

assuming IRQ-4 is the interrupt of your soundcard: get this from
cat /proc/interrupts; on my system, ice1712 sound:

            CPU0
<snip>
   4: 962 XT-PIC-XT ICE1712
<snip>

if you do this on your current setup the usb3 port will also get the
high rt priority which is not good.
you can set the rt priority as high as 99, but i found that this
made my box sluggish and unresponsive ( but not the soundcard!).

again, i hope this helps, G.