Re: [LAU] Trying to get rid of xruns [Fixed - for now!]

From: Matthew Smith <matt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 07:43:17 EEST

Quoth Matthew Smith at 2008-08-05 10:26...

> ... If that's the case, let's take the Intel HDA out
> of the equation, shall we?

Which I have now done. I re-built the kernel (2.6.24.7-rt17) without
Intel HDA support and have - as yet - been unable to make it do an xrun.

I tested this out with my MKS-70 plugged into the MIDI out of my
USB/MIDI keyboard (that's actually ALSA's MIDI out, not routed directly
from the keyboard) and Zynaddsubfx providing a second, 'virtual MIDI'
software synth. Audio in from the MKS-70 and out to my headphones is
via the Behringer UC202 USB audio adapter.

The real stress-test will be when I start trying to add audio tracks as
well, but that's a long way down the track.

I've now got to RTF-Rosegarden-M to find out why it's playing to
Zynaddsubfx, but not recording. And I need an analogue mixer, and I
need to find a UK to Aussie adapter for the wall-wart of my SR16, but
those aren't problems for this list!

Many, many thanks to all those who have helped me get this far. It's
somewhat less intimidating for me now that I've seen that the damn thing
*can* work.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/