Re: [LAU] My Tascam US-122

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 10:51:16 EEST

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2008 schrieb Shawn Wallis:
> I got m Tascam US-122 it works fine, the mixers for it dont work in
> Qamix and gnomealsamixer, when I choose the usx2y soundcard the mixers
> are blank, nothing there. IS that suppost to happen?

You are lucky, there where times when apps would just crash when a device has
no mixer. :-)

Yes, that is supposed to happen, the us-122 has no software mixer. All the
controls on the front(up) are "just" in the analog part.

> ANyways, I am getting noise from my KRK Rokit powered 5 speakers,
> headphones in the tascam gives me no noise, then I plug from the
> headphones output of the tascam to the speakers and I get noise! So I
> think it might have something to do with the speakers?
> The noise starts when I plug the USB for the tascam in, even when its
> not plugged in and just touches the metal it makes the noise.
> When I unplug my AC for my laptop, the noise stops... WHen add
> brightness to my laptop screen I get less noise...

Its a pity the us-122 doesn't have symmetric outputs. You are struck by an
earthing/shielding issue and there is no (safe) way to overcome apart from
using a di-box between the tascam and the speakers...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---