Re: [LAU] My Tascam US-122

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 01:42:12 EEST

Hi Shawn
Something you might want to try
(without warranty and at your own risk - I'm no expert here):

Add a ground to your soundcard (or to any ground-cable in the sound circuit).

At least I've had some success (noise reduction) by doing it.
My notebook and its usb soundcard previously had no ground.
I added ground by connecting a grounded cable to one of the soundcard screws.
(the ground shielding of a connected XLR/TRS/phone plug might do it
as connection-point for the ground-cable as well)
(The other end of the ground-cable went to the ground-connection of
a usual wall socket/power outlet)