Re: [LAU] sourcing TI FireWire PCMCIA cards

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 16:42:19 EEST

Hi,

> Small misunderstanding: This thread is about ordering firewire-pcmcia
> controllers. Not about ordering firewire-audio-devices. ;-)

argh, you're right. Sorry for the traffic.

> And looking at what you want to replace, you would need one of the biggest
> saffires and an extra adat-interface. Which isn't exactly cheap. And would
> be a hell of setup "just" for playing some synths.

True. I simply want to get rid of this monster rack mixer. What I basically
need is a 28x28 patchpanel with software patchcables and firewire
connectivity :) .

The SAFFIRE PRO 26 I/O looks interesting. If I got you correctly you'd plug in
an adat interface as an a/d converter, right? If there an adat device with 16
line ins?

> (But if you buy such a
> setup, I would be interested in testing it for replacing foh-consoles with
> it. :)

foh?? Anyway, sooner or later I fear I will need such a setup. Or how do other
people connect a handful of synths to a computer?

Cheers,

ce