Re: [LAU] Compiling vamp-sdk and Rubber Band on Ubuntu Studio 64

From: Robin <rc.rattusrattus@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 30 2008 - 03:09:30 EEST

2008/8/29 Darren Landrum <darren.landrum@email-addr-hidden>:
> Maybe someone can help me out with this?
>
> vamp-sdk appears to have no install targets, so I move everything
> manually to their places, but the configure script for Rubber Band still
> misses it. I'm running into all sorts of errors I've never seen before.
>
> Within the vamp source directory, I can do:
>
> make sdk
>
> and get that to work okay. Then what? The README also says I need to
> alter the Makefile to "suit my system", but when I try to change to
> directory paths at the beginning to places like /usr/include/vamp and
> /usr/local/lib/vamp-sdk, I just get an error saying those build targets
> don't exist. I did use sudo.
>
> Apparently, vamp needs to show up in something called PKG_CONFIG_PATH,
> which right now on my system has absolutely nothing in it. I've read the
> pkg-config man page, and am no closer to solving this issue.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> -- Darren Landrum

Not a specific answer: Pkgconfig files are usually installed when you
install <packagename.>-dev packages.
If it is available via your distro install the apt-file package. Run
apt-file update, then apt-file search <filename>(get this from error
message when compiling) to find the required package.

--
rob
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1