Re: [LAU] PulseAudio and Alsa

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 01:42:58 EEST

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:48:07 +0200
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sunday 31 August 2008 17:48, Folderol wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 09:38:58 -0600
> >
> > Stephen Doonan <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > > Audacity uses PortAudio, not PulseAudio, right? Two different things,
> > > which only adds to the confusion (in my mind). :-)
> >
> > Oops :)
>
> Hi Will. Just stick to writing music, and by the way we havn't had anything
> from you lately.

Hi Nigel,
Haven't seen you on here much lately either!

I did make a post about a month ago, saying I wasn't too keen on
posting music here these days, as I thought the list was more for
discussing hardware/software issues, especially when you consider there
is:
http://lam.fugal.net/
for pure linux compositions.

There is also:
http://www.muzic.com/
which is a very busy general mp3 site (mostly modern stuff)

Musicians sites:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
and:
http://www.kara-moon.com/index.php?modid=mod06&l_submenu_id=m001_06_01
have some really good material too. They also both run monthly music
competitions. KVR has a *very* fast 'churn'. Kara-Moon is an extremely
friendly site.

All of these sites promote Creative Commons licensing, and I've posted
a lot of my stuff on them.

I am of course always delighted when anyone visits my own website (even
though it *really* needs modernising). I have a new 'Collaborations'
section.

Having said all that, there is one tune I have put on my site although
it's not listed, that is a very sad and poignant song. I managed to find
someone to collaborate with who has exactly the right voice for it - he
is not really a singer, which actually adds to the emotiveness.

The entire composition and recording took about 10 days from start to
finish, which is amazingly fast by my standards. I wrote the song, and
performed the synth parts, James (offthewall) sang and played bass.

Breaking my own rules, if anyone wants to listen it is at:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/All_Of_My_Sunrises.ogg
or
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/All_Of_My_Sunrises.mp3

--