Re: [LAU] Notation: The State of the Mess

From: svoufff at free <svoufff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 07 2008 - 22:55:33 EEST

Yes i work on Sibelius almost everyday along linuxsampler to hear my
scores.
I'm on Ubuntu Hardy with RT kernel 2.6.24-19-rt.
Sibelius 4.1.5
Wine 1.0
LS 5.1
I installed Sibelius as usual then i trhrown the file gdiplus.dll in
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
I also put in that folder the files mfc42.dll, msvcirt.dll and
msvcp60.dll but don't recall if that was really for sibelius or another
win-app
I installed the msttcorefonts package
On wine config, audio section, i had to choose only alsa driver.

Then this is time to start everything :
-start jack
-start LS and load some sounds, connect LS in jack if it's not done
automatically
-start Sibelius.Go to Play/Playback & Input Devices.In front of the
device you wanna use you have a yes/no (the "use" column).Single-click
or double -click or triple-click...til you have a "yes".You won't have
to do it again if you start the device (LS in my case) before Sibelius.

Everything should be ready.Here's a webpage at winehq that helped me :
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8340

98% is working, it's a great app.
Otherwise,
sometimes its's slow and consumes much CPU (graphic refresh problem
probably).
Texts objects are tricky to point at.That's THE annoying thing.
Texts of more than one line are not displayed properly.That
unfortunately include time signatures.If you work on 4/4 you can choose
C instead but for other metrics you have to hide it then write a the
numbers with normal text style.

Well that's all i think.Hope you can get it running.