Re: [LAU] Which app to use for .gsm-files?

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 20:56:07 EEST

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 12:02:02 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello!
> Does anyone know some app (if possible simple), DEFINTELY TEXT-BASED to
> playback .gsm files.
> Or if not, something to convert .gsm to .wav or the like.

Julien,

I remember messing with this stuff years ago when I first ran into asterisk.

A quick google shows it being invoked like this:

sox -V in.gsm -s -w out.wav

from this link:

http://osdir.com/ml/audio.sox/2005-01/msg00002.html

I have not tested.

Also, if you have asterisk, this link:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Convert+WAV+audio+files+for+use+in+Asterisk

says that as of 1.4, it has a built in convert utility. Invoke like this:

file convert <file_in.format> <file_out.format>

again not tested.

> Kindest regards
> Julien

all the best,