Re: [LAU] howto use effects (LADSPA, LV2...)

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2008 - 17:31:29 EEST

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> re. qtractor: did you notice that audio effects are applied through
>> track plugins, ladspa, dssi or native vst? in a nutshell track plugins
>> perform the very same purpose of a stand alone jack-rack instance.
>>
>> anyway, this is not that a novel concept: ardour, rosegarden, muse,
>> all do offer this rack-like plugin capabilities.
>>

> You mean in rosegarden and muse you can add also LADSPA effect plugins?

i'm not complete sure, but i guess so ;)

> About dssi. I thought dssi where instrument plugins, but they can create
> effects too?

dssi are indeed instrument plugins, but not exclusively. in fact you can
even run windows vst's audio effects through dssi-vst proxy, see? otoh,
there are audio effects plugins which can be controlled via midi which
also fills the bill.

you can look at dssi as ladspa plugins with midi input.

byee

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden