Re: [LAU] Exciter / Enhancer Plugin [WAS:] Linux-audio-user?Digest , Vol 19, Issue 9

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 01:02:10 EEST

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 05:43:12PM -0400, drew Roberts wrote:

> I will try and make some time to listen and see what my ears say.

I don't yet have the complete picture (which is why I
keep on pushing) but one thing that's quite clear is that
this 'alternating polarity' thing may be much more related
to how the Harmonic Generator plugin works than to anything
essential to the 'exciter' effect.

The actual harmonic levels that are generated are
*not* independent as the interface would suggest,
and the interaction between them depends on polarity.

But that's quite different from harmonics 'cancelling'
or 'mangling' each other on their own - no such things
\happen, it's the plugin behaving in a much more complez
way than one would expect.

Ciao,

--
FA