Re: [LAU] Customizing Kubuntu for music?

From: Darren Landrum <darren.landrum@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 18:46:06 EEST

Christopher Stamper wrote:
> Why not run studio and install kubuntu-desktop packages? Same thing, right?
>
> --
> Christopher Stamper

Well, I wanted to reshuffle around my various partitions and do a big
data clean-up anyway. That meant reinstalling Linux no matter which
flavor I chose.

I'm still in the middle of the Big Data Cleanup of 2008, but I do have
Kubuntu working beautifully with the RT kernel and the backports
repository. I'm still trying to figure out how to get Plasma and KDE
theming to work, but that's a lower priority at the moment.

 From here on out, I'm compiling my music apps myself so I can keep up
with the most current versions. Combining that with using the
repositories for (most) libraries should allow me the
cutting-but-not-too-cutting-edge system that I want.

I'll let you all know if my plan works.

Regards,
Darren Landrum