[LAU] Fw: Latest -rt kernel with working nvidia

From: Norval Watson <norv2001@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 08:37:10 EEST

Might have spoken too soon re 2.6.26-5-rt9 kernel..

Yesterday "seemed to be OK"
Today definitely not OK -
- midi connection probs
- apps crashing and freezing and then resisting all attempts to "kill" and "killall"

Maybe due to this issue Esben Stein pointed out on this list recently
http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Removing_the_Big_Kernel_Lock

UbuntuStudio has released (maybe unofficially) 2.6.26.1 rt kernel
http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-kernel-team/152269-ubuntu-studio-rt-2-6-27-a.html

So again I wonder what is the latest rt kernel that works with audio ie. jack, midi etc and can be compiled with nvidia's driver?
Otherwise I go back to 2.6.23, grab old pkgs from somewhere and recompile - but I hate going backwards!

Cheers
Norv

      Make the switch to the world&#39;s best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail! http://au.yahoo.com/y7mail