Re: [LAU] website open source media player

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 23:26:55 EEST

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 15:42, guerrier wrote:
> I use this media player
> (http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player) on my
> website; it supports xspf playlists. it's comes with a cc license.

It is a CC license, but it's CC-BY-NC-SA, meaning that if your forum uses
ads or otherwise engages in commercial activity, you need to make some
kind of arrangement for alternative licensing with the author. I think I
read somewhere that he'll do it for 20 euros, but I don't know if that's
one-time or a subscription or what.

There's also Dashplayer, which is CC-BY as far as I know, but it's part of
the Drupal project and I don't know what's involved in using it with
something else.

Rob