Re: [LAU] Aeolus, synthesized pipe organ

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 23:06:58 EEST

On Sunday 21 September 2008 21:39, Stephen Doonan wrote:
> david wrote:
> > Hmmm, the Jack I have here doesn't show any MIDI clients when I check
> > the MIDI tab. At least, it doesn't show my keyboard. That should be
> > listed as a client, yes?
>
> How is your MIDI keyboard physically attached to your computer?
>
> Is your MIDI keyboard set to transmit MIDI data (instead of being set to
> "local control" which sends its MIDI data only to its own internal tone
> generator, etc.)?
>
> Steve

It probably already is, but may be worth looking in /sbin/lsmod to see if
snd-seq-midi is loaded. Saying that though, when you open Qjackctl, it will
complain if that module isn't loaded, saying "midi ports not available", or
something like that.

The above is related to my experience with my usb midi keyboard.

Nigel.