[LAU] : Cracking sounds

From: Mysth-R <mysthr21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 22 2008 - 19:42:51 EEST

Hi,

I've got a strange behaviour with my midi controller and/or freebob/ffado.
I made a pure data patch, with a midi learn function. So I can control
everything with my midi controller.
When I use jack with Freebob or ffado (I tested both) and a Presonus
Firebox, I got cracking sounds every time I move faders, pots from my Midi
Controler.
When I use jack with alsa and a poor usb berhinger UCA202 it works perfectly
: no cracking sounds

I am running Gentoo, with a rt kernel. I configured the rtirq script.
I tested it on a opensuse with rt kernel too, and it does the same.

Could someone test my patch and tell me if he got cracks ? with firewire ?
with alsa ?

You will need at least pd-0.40 or more.
Some externals, they are not necessary to hear sounds (bbogart (for popup),
sigpack~, zexy, iemlib).

The patch contain
* 3 live loopers with effects
* Master to set tempo, general volume, general pitch, and rooting + a
preset/bank system.
* a sub-patch with a DrumStation
* a sub-patch with a small synth (TriOsc)

To test rapidly you just have to click on the load bank button (on the
bottom-left corner), and you should hear sounds from the TriOsc synth
Then you can assign control clicking the green led under each control. The
red one is to forget the assignement.

here is the patch : http://mysthr.free.fr/Documents/LiverLooper-0.6.tar

Thank you very much !
kind regards,