Re: [LAU] : Cracking sounds

From: Mysth-R <mysthr21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 20:11:09 EEST

2008/9/23 Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>

> Mysth-R wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got a strange behaviour with my midi controller and/or freebob/ffado.
>> I made a pure data patch, with a midi learn function. So I can control
>> everything with my midi controller.
>> When I use jack with Freebob or ffado (I tested both) and a Presonus
>> Firebox, I got cracking sounds every time I move faders, pots from my Midi
>> Controler.
>> When I use jack with alsa and a poor usb berhinger UCA202 it works
>> perfectly : no cracking sounds
>>

> Is your midi controller attached to the Presonus box or is it a USB midi
> controller?

I tried with USB and directly attached to the Presonus. My controller is a
Korg microKontrol, but I tried with another controller too (an EMU I think)
I also tried with Jackd and Jackdmp , cause I am on Gentoo 64bits.

> What settings do you use for jackd?

My settings are :

/usr/bin/jackd -R -dfirewire -r48000 -p256 -n3

Thanks you for your help,
Cheers,

Mysth-R

--