Re: [LAU] LA-documentation

From: Fritz Meissner <fritzm1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 00:49:18 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 23. September 2008 schrieb Christoph Eckert:
>
>> Phew, you're damn right. Maybe you'll be the first one who puts the things
>> you earned into some wiki page for documentation purposes :) .
>>

> Not another one...
>
> *Please* have a look at the documentation wikis/projects for linux audio out
> there (especially the ones on *.linuxaudio.org) before creating yet another
> one.
>
> Arnold
I'm a long way from the understanding I would need to write it up, but
Fons' post was a big step. I'll need to ask some more questions. The
last thing I would want to do is fragment the Linux audio info any more
- the current state has made it really difficult to find accurate,
non-outdated info. Every search gives you five answers, all different.
Even the UbuntuStudio wiki which started with great enthusiasm a year or
so ago is now outdated and incorrect. I suppose it's logical that audio
people would rather be creating than documenting, but I think the lack
of an authoritative, reliably up-to-date documentation has made Linux
audio inaccessible to many.

Fritz

Fritz