Re: [LAU] csDrummer 20080926

From: Schlagg <schlagg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 21:52:22 EEST

Philippe Hezaine:

> 1)May be i'm wrong but it seems to me there is a typo in Drummer.orc here:

Thanks, fixed.

> 2) i took the liberty of reordering the DrumKit.inc and add the
> correspondence with Lilypond's symbols and GM Midi notes. (in attach)
> Only because i've tested it with a Drummer's Free Art midi files.
> Some samples are missing yet. Have you some difficulties about the
> samples or is it only a question of time or something else?

It's not just a midi to wave conveter. Rather it's a virtual drummer
contolled by MIDI, playing at a complete drum set and recorded with
virtual mics. It's a free analog of a commercial soft like a
EZDrummer, BFD and etc.
All samples are taken from one drum set, except toms. General MIDI map
is not applicable here, because of drumset content. For example, there
is 4 crashes and 2 chinas. GM precusion map has not any defined place
for them. You can see them map used in csDrummer here:
http://code.google.com/p/csdrummer/wiki/Drumset. Some of the
instruments use GM map, but others do not.
This drumset is suited for Rock, Punk, Metal and so on. This is a
cause of why other samples are missing. Maybe I'll create a few
thematic kits for different styles later.