Re: [LAU] Convert PDF to MIDI?

From: Peter Finnegan <peter.c.finnegan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 07:07:45 EEST

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 19:22 -0400, Christopher Stamper wrote:
> I'm looking for a free way to convert my PDF scores to MIDI files, to
> save the work of manual entry.
>
> I think it can be done in Finale (convert pdf to tiff first), but that
> doesn't help me any.
>
> Is it possible?

I came across a java program called audiveris about 5 months ago. I
have not taken the time to fully evaluate it to see if it works well.
According to the site, it looks promising. I can get the program to
start just fine on my opensuse system and in fedora. I haven't taken
much time to see what it can fully do.

https://audiveris.dev.java.net/