Re: [LAU] e-piano

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 02 2008 - 00:10:02 EEST

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 22:40:14 +0200
Johannes Wegener <joyfm@arcor.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 03:54:45PM +0200, hollunder@gmx.at wrote:
>
> > Thanks for all the help so far.
> > Now it's getting serious.
> > I think I'll get something along the lines of Yamaha P85, Casio
> > PX-120 or Korg SP-250. They appear pretty similar to me, I couldn't
> > test the casio yet.
> > Any recommendation?
>
> I own a Korg SP-200 which has the same technology as the SP-250 but
> without the stand, the pedal and the speakers. It's a nice e-piano
> very reliable and solid.
> The sound is okay - the same for the keys. I don't know the other
> Pianos but this one is good. I would recommend it. But you should try
> them all in a store.

I could try the Korg and the Yamaha in a store yesterday but right now
the differences are a bit to subtle for me. I noticed that they sound a
little different but that's about all I could say.
Most of the music stores here are rather small, they don't have a lot
of instruments to try.

The prospect reads that the SP-250 has 60 note polyphony, the yamaha 64
and the Casio 128 notes, did you ever run into problems with that?

> > And the main reason for this message:
> > It's possible to get three pedals for the Casio and the Yamaha, for
> > The Korg there's only the sustain pedal.
> >
> > My question is:
> > When and for what will I need the other pedals?
>
> How the pedals work is explained in another respond - but I'm playing
> about 10 years and didn't need another than the sustain pedal. The
> others may be nice for some pieces, but they are mostly not needed.

Thanks, that's the information I'm looking for.

> > I'm just
> > starting to learn piano but I plan to play a bit unusual music as
> > well (Schoenberg, etc.).
>
> Sounds like fun - even if I never played Schoenberg :)
>
> > Thanks again.
> > Best regards,
> > Philipp
>
> Best regards,
> Johannes
>
> P.S. Sorry for my bad english...

You're English isn't bad, at least not worse than mine and I think that
mine is OK-ish :)

Schöne Grüße,
        Philipp