Re: [LAU] midi to wav

From: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 16:03:18 EEST

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Yes it is the Cook instrument link youmentioned.
> How to use it? Obviously get csound first. Then you could try:
> csound -W -o output.wav --midifile=my_file.mid soprano.orc
> Not sure about this result. As I said, I've worked with it once, and
> should have a my midified copy of it somewhere. It wasn't as brilliant
> as it could have been, but it worked and in general to my satisfaction.

this is what I got:

$ csound -W -o output.wav -kyrie.mid Soprano.orc
PortAudio real-time audio module for
Csound
PortMIDI real time MIDI plugin for
Csound
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
0dBFS level = 32768.0
Csound version 5.08 (double samples) Jul 31 2008
libsndfile-1.0.17
orchname: Soprano.orc
scorename: /tmp/fileFZEfuW.sco
rtmidi: PortMIDI module enabled
rtaudio: PortAudio module enabled ... using blocking interface
orch compiler:
102 lines read
        instr 1
error: illegal character =, line 100:
out = aout*kenv
         ^
1 syntax errors in orchestra. compilation invalid