Re: [LAU] MIDI players

From: Stephen Doonan <stephen.doonan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 11 2008 - 15:48:12 EEST

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> qtractor ?
>
> although it has no support for multi-tempo/key-signature map, yet, you
> can change the tempo while playback is rolling. wanna try? :)
>
> however it might be as overkill as rosegarden... :(

That's why I didn't mention Qtractor: because Bob wants as simple a
program as possible and mentioned RoseGarden as overkill.

However, my suggestion (timidity) won't suit his needs either perhaps,
because there may be no way in timidity to send the MIDI data itself to
an external tone-generator or synth instead of converting the MIDI data
into WAV audio. Sorry, Bob. :-)

Steve