Re: [LAU] Ubuntu Studio 8.04 & Oxygen8 Problem

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 00:12:53 EEST

Dan Richert skreiv:
> I tried following the instructions at
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=455902 for setting up the
> Oxygen8 keyboard on Ubuntu Studio 8.04, but it's not showing up in
> lsusb. I only see my USB mouse. Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

I have one of these myself, and truth be told, I always thought the USB
was only for power? As far as I recall it was like that in Windows too,
no appearent built-in midi interface.

For the time being it's plugged into my Behringer BCF2000, which acts as
a normal midi interface, and this works perfectly in Linux, the
controller knobs too. I guess any midi-interface will work.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong, though, so please do ;)

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org