Re: [LAU] compiling rubberband on Debian

From: Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Mon Oct 20 2008 - 14:51:57 EEST

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Josh Lawrence wrote:
>
>> I've run into a little problem getting rubberband to compile on my
>> Lenny system. ./configure works just fine, but make throws this up:
>>
>> josh@email-addr-hidden:~/src/rubberband-1.2$ make
>> g++ -DHAVE_FFTW3 -DFFTW_DOUBLE_ONLY -DNO_THREAD_CHECKS -g -O2 -fPIC
>> -Wall -I/usr/local/include -Irubberband -Isrc -c -o
>> src/sysutils.o src/sysutils.cpp
>> src/sysutils.cpp: In function 'float* RubberBand::allocFloat(float*, int)':
>> src/sysutils.cpp:108: error: 'free' was not declared in this scope
>
> The free() function is defined in <stdlib.h> so make sure that
> is included at the top of that file.

i think this is a gcc 4.3+ issue - it now demands explicit includes that
used to be implicit in older versions.

i had those problems with a number of apps after i upgraded to opensuse
11.0. googling around i found that people usually recommended to include
<cstdlib> rather than <stdlib.h> - i guess that's some c++ versus plain
c peculiarity that i'd like to understand - can anyone explain?

plus i also found recommendations not to mix <cFOO> and <FOO.h> includes
- why is that?

--
jörn nettingsmeier
home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/