Re: [LAU] compiling rubberband on Debian

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Tue Oct 21 2008 - 22:28:08 EEST

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> >

> >> Same problem here, but where can I find <stdlib.h> ?
> >>

> > Its a standard C header file. If that file isn't already in the
> > compiler's includ path, your compiler setup is badly broken.
> >
> > Erik
> >
> I don't know anything about this... what do you mean by the compiler's
> includ path?
> And how can I fix a compiler setup?

Spidey, slow down mate.

The original error was in a file called src/sysutils.cpp.

Find that file and open it in a text editor.

Scroll down past the copyright header and find the first line
where is says something like (it may not be exactly like that):

     #include <stdio.h>

Then, just before that line add this one (exactly, ignoring
leading white space):

    #include <stdlib.h>

Save the file.

Recompile.

If, when you recompile you get and error saying <stdlib.h> is
not found, then your compiler is broken and you should re-install
it from the package for your distribution.

HTH,
Erik