Re: [LAU] Jack aware audio player for ipod

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 11:21:46 EET

Hi!
   For ipod: not 100%, but mplayer is a good guess. I suppose for this to work
you'll have to compile mplayer yourself. BUT, don't panic! Does your rhythmbox
have ALSA support? If so, we can work around it and leave the experience of
building software from source for a later date.
   Plugins for ardour: If you didn't install anything yet: swh-plugins (a
general suite, very big collection), CAPS (a bit smaller, but some impressive
plugins especially for handmade music and/or 60s/70s), tap-plugins (another
multiplugin suite, which contains some helpful things). Then you might want:
REV-plugins (wonderful reverb for a lot of purposes), FIL-plugins (a
parametric four-band EQ, which has done GREAT for me) and vlevel (a volume
fader-automation, good for accoustic recordings first step).
   For really good reverb you might think about jconv and it's GUI
relationship. But I don't think you'll get that directly from the Ubuntu
package pool. I'll bet, we get to this later.
   Hope that helps and have fun!
   Don't forget: Look if rhythmbox does ALSA and we may get around to solving
it.
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------