Re: [LAU] Jack aware audio player for ipod

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 11:07:48 EET

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2008 schrieb Chris Hallinan:
> Now that I have your attention :) can I direct the conversation back to one
> of the original question: is it possible to run Jackd (via qjackctl,
> preferrably) with support for both freebob and alsa, so that, for example,
> I can route some audio streams to my FA-101 (via freebob/firewire) and
> others to my ALSA output ports? Right now, I've only figured out how to
> run it with either ALSA or FreeBob backends. While both work great
> separately, I'd like to have both sets of ports (FA-101 i/o and ALSA
> capture/playback) appear together in the connections widget. Or more
> likely, I'm missing something more fundamental in my understanding! Many
> thanks.

Please search the archives for "syncing two soundcards". What was written in
the past for syncing two pci cards also applies for syncing a pci card and a
firewire device.
And I don't feel like answering the very same question yet again...

Have fun,

Arnold

PS: The basic answer to your question is: It's not possible unless your
hardware provides external syncing and you do some software hacking...

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---