Re: [LAU] Jack aware audio player for ipod

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 12:05:22 EET

Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2008 schrieb Pieter Palmers:
> Arnold Krille wrote:
> > PS: The basic answer to your question is: It's not possible unless your
> > hardware provides external syncing and you do some software hacking...
> the alsa_in and alsa_out tools that come with netjack allow this without
> external sync.

Yes. And they buy that with latency (they have to). Which is then a different
latency then that of the devices itself. And as I don't really want people
complaining about that, I think its better to have them know why it doesn't
work as simple as they expect. (Which was discussed in much detail in the
past.)

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/