Re: [LAU] [OT] first computer ?

From: Crypto <crypto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 17:23:30 EET

On Friday 31 October 2008 10:47, Dave Phillips wrote:

> What was your first computer ?

I used to have a Commodore CBM720 but that was not really useful for making
music, though I did some POKE SI+... on it.

My first computer truely useful for making music was an ATARI 520 STFM w/
512kB RAM.

> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

EZ Track lite made by Hybrids Art (or so). The sequencer did not even have a
rewind button, one had to play everything in a single take ;-)

BTW: Does anyone remember the famous SPEAKTEX.TOS program used in so many
music productions? Would love to have something like it running on linux...

Crypto.