Re: [LAU] [OT] first computer ?

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 17:52:04 EET

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> For no reason beyond boredom I decided to pester this list with an OT
> topic or two. So, without further delay:
>
> What was your first computer ?

that i owned? a sinclair zx-spectrum.

> And for extra points:
>
> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

the earliest music hw/sw that i remember to commit some money was a 8bit
sample-based drum-machine/sound-module attached to the expansion slot of
an amstrad 464, with dedicated, cassette based, sequencer software.
cheetah something iirc. this was mid-80s.

by that time i was already missing midi computer control, as for my
first synth, a kawai k3, which i still own and love :) just a few years
later, along with the pc democratization and soundblaster bundling, i
got it with cakewalk alright--Linus was still in the closet at the time :)

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden