Re: [LAU] [OT] first computer ?

From: David Olofson <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 23:42:17 EET

On Friday 31 October 2008, Dave Phillips wrote:
[...]
> What was your first computer ?

First: Sharp PC-1430 (programmable pocket computer)

First "real": Sinclair ZX81 (borrowed)

First with sound: Spectravideo SVI-728 MSX

> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked
> you into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

SoundTracker on an Amiga 500.

Later I baught a Kawai K4r and played around a little with Bars &
Pipes, MED and other software, but never really used the K4r for
anything but programming sounds that I used in my ProTracker modules.

Eventually, I gave up on "native" sound, moved to "IBM" PC, got a
SoundBlaster AWE32 and eventually a Roland JV-1080. At that time, I
used various versions of Cakewalk.

.------- http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples -------.
| http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine |
| http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine |