Re: [LAU] [OT] first computer ?

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 20:23:05 EET

Great entertaining thread filling up my mailbox :-)

My first computer, well the first I learned to use was the first desktop,
actually the whole desk .... IBM 1620. Had a fortran compiler that was
useless. Programmed in assembler, had it translating Spanish. 1963.

I worked on mainframes off and on.

FIrst I owned, a PII, later replaced with a PIII found in the trash after
everyone already had PIVs.

First sound software?Jammer and Cakewalk Express. Later graduated to Home
Studio 2002. Stuck with that in Win98. Jammer, CW Express run fine in stock
wine, Home studio might eventually work in codeweaver's version?