Re: [LAU] quicktoots logo

From: Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 03 2008 - 19:59:14 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Thorsten Wilms wrote:

>>> 1997 called, and said they wanted their dreadful design ideas back.
>>>
>>> I wouldn't consider contributing anything to the site with that bloody
>>> awful thing flashing away like that. It's just about the worst bit of
>>> design I've seen.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>> Same here. I have a hard time to take someone who suggests an animated
>> logo for such a site seriously at all. In fact, I don't.
>>

> Well, the quicktoots site is not about being serious. It's about giving
> people who are not serious users an idea about the possibilities
> available to them. It's meant to be the complete antithesis of "Linux"
> greater than thou, high brow, wankerism and if you really want to get
> into it is aimed directly at "young" windows users who might be
> interested in learning about Linux Audio. Now if I was aiming it as mac
> users then I would not even go near an animated logo.
>
> An animated logo is simply another way to display movement, action and
> the concept of multimedia. If you look at the rest of the content there
> it is trying to provide a lot of visual context and we even have a
> couple of videos now.
>
> I would expect that the majority of people round here wouldn't even need
> to read a quicktoot most of us are more than capable of figuring out how
> to do things on our own.
>
> But feel free to hate. It seems to be a bit of a theme these days anyway...

Some messages where a bit negative, others just gave you some arguments...

Attractive is ok, but all those animated ads on top of the live.com
page, doesn't say Windows users love animated logo's...

Attractive is ok, but as said before, this is not attractive but it make
you want to leave that page...

Maybe be colourful, nice looking, great color combining etc. is what
we're looking for....