Re: [LAU] place to share and give away music?

From: Roberto Gordo Saez <roberto.gordo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 00:08:23 EET

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 10:08:05PM +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Sharing is one thing but giving the music away so that others can make money with it is another. Or maybe I do it like the GPL and whoever sells my music is forced to announce that you can download it for free :) (just a joke)

The Creative Commons "ShareAlike" option does that, no joke :-)

  "You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
  for, this License with every copy of the Work You Distribute or
  Publicly Perform. You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work
  that restrict the terms of this License or the ability of the
  recipient of the Work to exercise the rights granted to that
  recipient under the terms of the License."

If you really want to avoid that others make money with it, then you
want the "NonCommercial" option. AFAIK this would also forbid all
other commercial usages (like placing your music in a blog that
has google ads).