Re: [LAU] Recording Equipment

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 07 2008 - 12:14:25 EET

Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2008 schrieb Sean Darby:
> > Your guessing right. A Behringer ADA8000 won't fit for the Delta 1010LT.
> > But you could connect any piece of gear that provides a 2-channel digital
> > output via S/PDIF
> > to the co-ax inputs on the Delta.
> Does the S/PDIF allow for several simultaneous stereo tracks or is there
> a certain limit?

SPDIF is _always_ stereo. Its the spec of the standard. So if a device has a
spdif in and a spdif out (additionally to all the analog connections) it
means that you get two more mono-channels or one more stereo channel to use
if you have sources with spdif connectors.

BTW: Most common ground for counting of channels is to count mono-channels. Of
course in practice you can use two mono-channels to record or playback a
stereo source...
But the 1010 sells better than a 55 ;-)

Have fun,

Arnold