[LAU] OT: PodPress broken and unsupported

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 09:10:30 EET

I was delighted when mightyseek.com, the author of PodPress, added a Java OGG player to his app, so that my music files could stream and play in-browser (no OGG-capable player required) from my WordPress blog.

But, some 3-4 months ago, I upgraded to the latest PodPress and my OGG files have stopped playing on my site.

And, the support forums for PodPress are now 404. And the author writes in his blog that he's "been very very busy" and the forums were taken offline due to spammer and he hasn't had time to work on PodPress.

Great. I'm stuck with a complex orphaned program upon which my whole music blog depends.

Anyway, has anyone run into this problem, solved it, or know of alternatives I might use for playing OGG's in-browser?

Thanks.

-ken