Re: [LAU] Any decent Reaktor/Synthedit-type apps?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 07:15:28 EET

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Damon Chaplin wrote:
>
>> I was looking at Ingen earlier today. I may be wrong, but I don't
>> think you can create synth-like GUIs with it (with knobs/sliders etc.).
>>

> You might also like to check out Steven Yi's program called blue. It's a
> GUI for Csound that includes a synth construction kit complete with
> knobs & sliders. Alas, your designs can't be exported as standalone
> applications (yet).
>
> http://www.csounds.com/stevenyi/blue/

There are several synth environments with graphical user interfaces.

sprialsynthmodular has a neat n00b friendly gui but is no longer maintained
Pure Data is amazingly powerful but takes in the google aesthetic
imgen is also amazing
AMS is also amazing
zynaddsubfx is fairly full featured but not completely configurable

There are several more but I haven't used them myself.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.