Re: [LAU] Any decent Reaktor/Synthedit-type apps?

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 19:15:18 EET

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 16:17 +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> I'm tempted to have a go at a similar app myself. Maybe you could give
> me some advice on what went right with galan and what to avoid.

If you value your time, you should better consider to write a
gui-builder for Ingen. Among the plus-points of Ingen are
- nested patches with sub-patches that are handled very similar to
plugin nodes
- Polyphony handling making it easy to build polyphonic synth patches.
- gui/engine separation. The engine is also meant to be embeddable

There might be a way to realise a gui-builder that is both useful for
Ingen patches and LV2 plugins.

Or you could pick up development of Galan instead of reinventing the
wheel.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: